Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Great Money Making System....To Me

A friend of mine called me in November to tell me about what he thought was a great money making opportunity. Now this friend of mine is what I call a "searcher", he is constantly on the look-out for money making opportunities. He's called me about a couple of things and because he is my friend I listen to him.

He started off telling me he found something that is so incredible and blah..blah...blah. One word caught my attention and that word was "Gold". He went on to ask me if I wanted to save gold and get paid to do it. 

Right away (being the skeptic that I am) I said to myself, "yeah right, here we go". He asked me if I knew about the power of "2". I said "what's that", he asked me if some one came to me and asked me if I wanted 1 million dollars in 30 days or $100,000 dollars in 30 days or if I wanted a penny doubled everyday for 30 days which one would I take. 

Of course I said a million dollars, he asked me why I wouldn't take the penny. I said because a million dollars is worth more than a penny doubled everyday for 30 days. He told me to double a penny everyday and see which was more, so I did. I multiplied a penny by 2, i.e. .01 x 2:

                                              Day 1: $.01
                                              Day 2: $.02
                                              Day 3: $.04
                                              Day 4: $.08
                                              Day 5: $.16
                                              Day 6: $.32
                                              Day 7: $.64
                                              Day 8: $1.28
                                              Day 9: $2.56
                                              Day 10: $5.12
                                              Day 11: $10.24
                                              Day 12: $20.48
                                              Day 13: $40.96
                                              Day 14: $81.92
                                              Day 15: $163.84
                                              Day 16: $327.68
                                              Day 17: $655.36
                                              Day 18: $1,310.72
                                              Day 19: $2,621.44
                                              Day 20: $5,242.88
                                              Day 21: $10,485.76
                                              Day 22: $20,971.52
                                              Day 23: $41,943.04
                                              Day 24: $83,886.08
                                              Day 25: $167,772.16
                                              Day 26: $335,544.32
                                              Day 27: $671,088.64
                                              Day 28: $1,342,177.28
                                              Day 29: $2,684,354.56
                                              Day 30: $5,368,709.12

I was like o.k. cute trick. He said it was not a trick. I said ok what does this have to do with gold? 

He then went on to tell me about this system involving a company called Karatbars. He told me about the amount of money one could make,. that was all fine and good but I asked "what do I have to do"? 

Then he lowered the boom, he said well you get 2 people and they get 2 people and etc...etc...etc. I said immediately "that sounds like a pyramid". He said it has a pyramid structure but it's affiliate marketing. 

Now I'm rolling my eyes in my head and I just want to get off the phone. But because he is my friend I listen some more. 

He starts talking to me about the value of the dollar and how gold will always have more value than the dollar. And how affordable the gold is when you buy it from this company. But what really got me was he started showing me information on the internet about the gold standard in the U.S. 

For the people who don't know (besides me) there is no gold standard in the U.S. He further showed me how in '71 Richard Nixon took the U.S. off of the gold standard. 

So now I ask what does that mean? He said that the U.S. has nothing to back up it's currency. He had me look at a dollar bill and at the top it says federal reserve note. Then he asked me what gave the note value. There was nothing I could say. 

He further explained that gold is what gave the U.S. currency it's value and that now the dollar was only worth what a person made it out to be. 

For example 5 dollars is only worth 5 dollars because a person thinks it is. Now I'm going...hmmm. 

I just didn't jump in right away I started looking and researching the plight of the dollar and how other countries viewed the dollar. I won't boor you with my findings just let me say it was an eye opener. 

He got my curiosity aroused. He sent me to a website called U.S. National Debt Clock: Real Time  I then went to a tab that is on the bottom labeled Gold Supply/Demand. Needless to say I had a concern about my dollars. 

He further explained to me how this was not investing in gold but simply saving gold. The same as a savings account at a bank. For example, if I save $100 dollars every month now I would be saving small grams of gold every month. 

Anyway there is more to it and it would take a lot more time than I have right now to put it in this post. But I did join and I will keep a journal here of how good or bad I am doing and the amount of time I am investing.

 If you want to see how this works there are 2 sites you can go to the first is Karatbarstv.com (this is a site that has more information than I care to mention and you might find yourself all over the place) and the second is Karatbarspayplan.info If you go to karatbarspayplan.info scroll down and to the right of the screen you will see Dual Plan system (something like that) click on the video and it will explain the plan. 

I have made some money from this so far and my friend has absolutely blown up, he has been doing this since Nov 2013 and I just started (April 2014) so I am going to see if I can catch him. Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment